Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Raw Date

Caleb and I got to go on a date last Friday. Grams came over to watch the kids, and since she spent the night, we got to stay out as late as we wanted. We fought through our yawns, and stayed out until 11:00pm. Can you believe how crazy we are?! Caleb came home from work with flowers for me. Awwhhhh.



We ate at Cilantro Live for dinner. We dined at the one in Carlsbad (there are 4 of them in San Diego county). We ordered a sampler plate, a "margarita", and carrot cake for dessert. It was all really good and surprisingly filling. The sampler plate included 2 Nori Rolls, 1 Spring Roll, 1 Buenos Vida Wrap, 2 Raw-violis, 2 Mini -Pizzaza and a small House Salad. The margarita was crazy but yummy. It had green apple, lime, ginger and a pinch of ground cinnamon. The ginger gave it a serious kick. I've tried to reproduce the carrot cake, but I need to keep working on my recipe. Theirs was tasty.

Afterward we saw a (gasp) 9:20pm showing of Bourne Ultimatum. Man it was intense! It has the craziest fighting and chase scenes ever. It was a little over-the-top violent for me. But Caleb really liked it.

I have a great raw recipe to share. I took it to a BBQ and everyone liked it! (Randomly, I got it from the Tyra Banks website.)

The “Raw Food Diet” Recipe for Angel Hair Pasta and Marinara Sauce:

INGREDIENTS:
3 medium to large green zucchinis
4- 6 medium size roma tomatoes
12- 16 sun dried tomatoes, soaked
3 medjule dates, pitted and soaked
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic
2 Tablespoons parsley (dried okay)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne (or paprika)

Use your food processor to cut the zucchini into thin strips, reminiscent of angel hair pasta.(I cut these by hand since I don't have a food processor. But it took a while.) For the sauce, you don't need to chop or dice any of the ingredients. Simply combine all ingredients in the processor or a blender and blend. Let the sauce "marinate" the zucchinis for a couple of hours. Then serve!

(Recipe makes 8-11 cups)



Charis has been fascinated by my morning juicing. So she asked if she could make some for herself. I gladly agreed, and she proceeded to make herself cucumber, carrot, apple, celery juice. And she liked it!

No comments: