Sunday, December 16, 2007

Cloud Appreciation Society


My beloved friend Kari gave me an amazing birthday gift recently. I recieved a large package in the mail full of beautifully wrapped packages. Each gift had a note attached explaining what part of my life it was for. Some of the highlights included a book for me (Eat, Pray Love. I really liked it.), a book for my kids, a cute nighty from Anthropologie, and the book of Phillipians hand written to me as a letter (such an enlightening way to read that!). But the highlight for me (if I had to pick one) was a framed piece of paper indicating that I am now a member of the Cloud Appreciation Society. I found the site and sent it to her some time ago and had since forgotten about it. Thankfully she did not.

My duty as a member is to "seek to persuade all who'll listen of the wonder and beauty of clouds". This will be no problem for me, seeing as it comes quite naturally. I absolutely love that this society exists and that Kari signed me up for it. I love that she knows I would love this. And I do appreciate, dare I say love (again), clouds.

3 comments:

Flo said...

Birthday?! What birthday?! Happy happy day whenever it was, my friend!

Love the cloud gift, too. Very cool.

Abril said...

This is awesome! Kari truly knows you. I feel proud to be the sis of a member of "The Cloud Society." Rock on!

amber. said...

Brilliant.