Thursday, August 23, 2007

Clay Scluptures and Calculators



I had a day of feeling like nothing productive or "educational" was happening. I felt we needed more. More what I don't know, but it seemed like a wasted day. We usually go out in the morning and do something cool and then hang out at home for Jonas' afternoon nap. Well today we stayed home. And I felt like I was being a bad mom. So I did something that helped. I wrote down everything we had done so far that day. Seeing it on paper, and being mindful of it, made me realize what a lovely day it had been. Exactly the kind of day I like.



Besides making amazing sculptures and playing with calculators, we painting little figurines. Made a pillow castle. Charis made her own book all by herself. We colored. Looked at the cover of video games and discussed the pictures. Snuggled. Listened to music. Danced. Took a shower together. Did laudry and cleaning "together". Ate and drank together. cuddled. made balloon bombs. and talked a lot.



And did a ribbon dance. of course.

2 comments:

Flo said...

All of this fun and your house is so clean! You have to tell me how you do that.

MOM: UNPROCESSED said...

Ahh, what deception. That picture does make my house look clean!