Thursday, August 21, 2008

frostys and art

I recently bought Charis some face paint...


Caleb took us to an amazing dive of a place in Vista: Pepper Tree Frosty. I guess they've been there forever, and have a local following. The shakes were quite tasty. I recommend them to anyone in the area. Of course the kids loved it.




Charis and Pax took an art class at the local art school this summer. Pax wasn't into it, but Charis liked it. They did both like seeing their finished work mounted on the wall with printed name tags. So official! I'm happy to see my kids figuring out what they like (or don't like). Charis tends to like everything and Pax tends to like nothing. But I've been seeing them both grow. Recently Charis took a crocheting class at Joannes. She hated it! There was supposed to be a part 2 class and she had zero interest. I was shocked. She's never turned down an opportunity to go to an event. But she was confident she didn't like crocheting (too boring I think) and being with new friends in a class wasn't enough reason to go back. Conversely, Pax has been making good friends quite easily recently. It is so heart warming to see him have "best friends". He was never that kid before. I hope they continue to know who they are and feel confident in that. I hope I do as well.

3 comments:

TDM Wendy said...

take me to the pepper tree. It should be a motel as well.

amber. said...

Guess what I found? The NOTEBOOK! And all of my photo albums. And yearbooks.

Oooh, yeah.

calebsbrother said...

Re: Pepper Tree Frosty

I've got 3 words for you:

Boston Shake.

It's the bomb factory. Can't remember my flavors of choice because I haven't been in 12 years but I want to say it was Chocolate Chip Cherry Shake topped with a Butterscotch Sunday.

4 words.

Too. Good.

Here are more ravinous reviews..

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pepper-tree-frosty-vista