Sunday, July 13, 2008

some good pictures

this towel blob was so funny as it was happening. and is still quite humorous to me.

i love my w.t. baby. yogurt mustache and all.


the dance parties are fabulous. they always come up with amazing costumes and charis tells everyone what to do. jonas generally does not comply.

why are there always crumbs on the floor? perhaps because pax feels the need to look at the bottom of his cereal bowl.


we had dinner at caleb's dad's house recently. most of the time was spent sticking a sock in the dog's mouth and playing tug o war. why not?

so cute. 

this is me pretending to enjoy turning around in the car. i seriously can't handle it. after about 30 seconds of watching whatever interesting thing they want to show me i have to face forward again. does anyone else have this problem?

this is me holding a lavender rose and wearing dark pink socks. and my brother with a bright red tie on. circa 1984

we got a pool! small, but it does the trick. i guess the trick being to cool the kids down. but poor charis is such a fish. i think she needs an olympic size pool at her constant disposal.

i love the way she looks in these.

i was so excited because my plum tree was blooming. aren't they beautiful! i was warned that the birds like to eat them. but i was checking on them everyday, and eagerly awaiting their maturity, so i thought i'd get to them before the birds. but one day i went out to water (as i had done the day before) and they were ALL gone. not half eaten. but picked clean. i was astonished. there was one lone plum on the ground and it was intact. it was amazing. those birds had a serious feast.

i have to try not to get too depressed about my garden. charis and i planted sunflowers, carrots and spinach. with plans of much more. this is the only thing that has bloomed after 2 months. and i'm not even sure its something we planted.  it's pathetically funny. 
 
lastly, this is why i call him mojo.


4 comments:

Beachbum said...

Great pics, my friends!

I have to agree with the turning around in the car. This is me saying I can't do it either. Mine are old enough to give a play by play account - which helps. :) Cool pool!

G-Unit said...

Charis can use our Pool...you're cute Purple Punk Girl

Flo said...

Where do I even begin?! Has to be the mojo- is he ready for a lounge act or what? And you're so cute in the pink socks. And your garden really is pathetically funny! My sunflowers aren't coming up either- don't feel bad. And the plums-- who knew! Great post.

Abril said...

HA! That's so great you got a pool :-) You know, that was when mom had that cool gap in her teeth. I loved that gap. Scott had one too for a minute....so far I haven't gotten the gap but since I'm mom's twin I'm sure it's on its way. Can't wait! Your poor little garden and plums... (I do feel sad about it but I'm also literally laughing out loud... I'd love to help you out in that area but I'm pretty sure I have a black thumb). Your next arts and crafts project should be to create a scare crow. Just enlarge that pic you have of me in your TMC photo album, stick it in the tree and your all set! Although that may kill the birds...