Wednesday, July 23, 2008

adventures in california and hair


we went to california adventure on sunday. my parents had tickets they weren't going to use, so we got to go for free. we had the option of using them at california adventure or disneyland. since none of us had ever been to cal adventure we went there. 


it was a really fun day. i highly recommend going for free. it makes the whole trip much more relaxing. there was no pressure, and the cost of food was slightly less disturbing (but seriously, what is going on?!). charis and pax braved the tower of terror, although pax said he never wanted to do it again. and we loved the playhouse disney show and monster's inc. ride. 


overall we feel disneyland wins. california adventure was really impressive, and ascetically awesome, but it lacked the magic of disneyland. 

on a completely different subject, charis has pink hair this week (at least). it was crazy hair day at vbs, so i pulled out my old hair dye and did her up. she really likes it - is avoiding showers and all (i put my foot down on that after 2 days).  it thought i'd dig up an old picture of me when i used to have pick hair for those who have never seen it. 



4 comments:

Flo said...

How fun! Old picture? You look exactly the same! :)

amber. said...

Yeah! I'm all caught up on your blog. I miss you and I'm totally going to get the Barbara Kingsolver book, like, NOW. Except that I'm afraid it will change my life. You know how that is.

Miss you and love you!

amber. said...

Oh, and those pictures, Kate. April in the purple ruffles and you with the pink socks. Wow.

At Home On Main Street said...

i love your blog!