Tuesday, August 28, 2007

ALL RAW



I've recently began a raw food journey. It's a way of eating that I've heard of before, but it never appealed to me. Why have I began eating that way? Well, over the last few years I've had a growing problem with my joints. I've seen the doctor three times, and each time they say the same thing. "I don't know what you have." Thankfully the tests for rheumatoid arthritis have come back negative. But I don't fit the profile of osteo-arthritis either. Yet, my symptoms are getting worse.

I recently met a woman who has a chronic pain issue. The doctors put her on steroids as well as some other things, but she was not improving. She was encouraged to go all raw by a friend, and when she did her pain finally vanished. Her story inspired me to look up whether or not others with joint problems have been helped by this. I found that there are! So, I began.



In the raw food diet, you don't eat food that's been heated over 110 degrees. Apparently once the food is heated it looses most of it's nutritional value and all of it's enzymes. Our bodies often heal once we put mostly whole foods (with all their nutritional value intact) in them. There are a lot of testimonies out there of people who have healed through this diet. So, what do I eat? A lot of nuts, seeds, sprouted berries, avocados, coconut and fresh fruits and veggies.

It's been a week since I've started and I've already seen several positive effects. I've felt much more energetic and have been able to go off my coffee addiction. This in itself makes me very happy! I don't have the sluggish feeling I used to have during the day. And I'm no longer bloated. My joints have not seen an improvement yet. I've read that sometimes it gets worse before it gets better. I'm hoping to eat all raw and vegan for at least a month, and evaluate after that.

2 comments:

Abril said...

Let me know how it effects your skin. I feel pretty sure my skin issues are closely related to my Starbucks, Blue Bell ice cream and egg diet I have recently started.

MOM: UNPROCESSED said...

No, no. Those sound like skin enhancing ingredients! Do you think they have raw food in Houston : )
I'll keep you posted sis!