Tuesday, September 4, 2007

our weekend



We have cats. Two of them. "Li Li" is orange and "Ash" is black. Both are strays. And they don't like each other. It's scary sometimes - the cat fight noises truly are frightening. But Charis and Jonas adore them. So, I keep feeding them. I even bought cat food today. (Turns out, cats don't like brocolli.) It's the perfect way to have cats - I don't feel responsible for them, but my kids get to enjoy them. Unfortunately, Caleb is not a fan.



Charis and Pax were playing secret agent the other day. So, Charis came up to me and said, "What's your problem? How can we help you?" I told her I didn't want to tell her my problems until I knew who she was. At first she just looked at me, so I repeated my request. After more silence she said, "you can look it up at www.charis.com". And, that is my daughter!



Charis, Pax and 2 of their friends built this intricate island and canal system at Cottonwood Creek Park. It was pretty impressive.



Our old friend Esther Ko came to visit us for the day. It was fun and mellow; full of the beach and games. The kids were really excited to play Kids of Catan with her, since she is the Settlers of Catan queen. And they drank chocolate soy milk out of a coconut.

No comments: