Sunday, May 23, 2010

Seven sounds so old.

My first born son is now seven. Seven didn't sound old when Charis turned it. But for Paxton it seems old. We've had a very fun birthday weekend. He's so easy to please. It's the best. Every gift is his favorite. He thanked us over and over again. He's the only one like that.

We had pancakes and gifts in the morning. He wanted tamales for lunch. And Chinese food for dinner. My international boy. We ate out with friends. It was a little fancier than our noise level preferred. But it was tasty.

The birthday party was the following day: boys video game sleep over party. So many games. So much junk food. So fun. Most of the boys stayed up until 4am. It was loud. I didn't sleep much.

My heart feels heavy, in a good way, when I think about how much I love my boy. Who is seven.








3 comments:

Beachbum said...

We had a blast and really appreciate you inviting us to be a part of it all. A most Happy Birthday, Pax! And for you, too, Mama.

emily said...

I agree! 7 sounded older with Canyon than with Cade. I can't believe he's 7 already.

Dawn said...

Happy belated from us! I hear ya, my sweet boy will be 8 soon...how is that possible?

I'm going to link you on my blog, if that's okay, that way I can come back and visit.

See you guys soon!
~Dawn :)